Abandoned former photo lab of the VEB Fotochemische Werke Berlin. The Vereinigte Glanzstoff-Fabriken AG opened up this factory in Berlin-Köpenick in 1923 under the name Glanzfilm AG Köpenick. In 1927 it was sold off to Kodak and was re-branded into the Kodak AG, Werk Köpenick. At the time of the GDR – the name was changed to VEB Fotochemische Werke Köpenick. The factory mainly produced black and white films, x-ray films, photo paper and development chemicals. In 1992, the film factory was returned to Kodak. However, digital technology in photography developed so rapidly, that the factory closed in 2010.